AmCham Executive Director’s September-October Top 10 List
We’ve entered the busiest time of the year for AmCham! We ended September with 165 events delivered. We have many more coming your way (over 20 events in Oct), so please check our Events Calendar on our website as we’re adding new programs and events almost daily. Now on to my Top 10 List to update you on the latest happenings at the Chamber:
- US-China trade war survey: thank you to those that took the time to complete our survey on the impact of the US-China Trade War. We’ll be providing the analysis of the findings in the coming weeks with a series of events so stay tuned!
- SME committee co-chair announcement: we’re very pleased to announce that Georgiana Verdonk, Vice President, Asia, Be Found Online has been confirmed as the SME committee co-chair. Welcome to the leadership circle Georgiana!
- AmCham Startup 10x (accelerator) Program: we’ll be launching “Startup 10x”, an accelerator program for AmCham startup companies. If you’re an SME startup company, please keep a lookout for the application to participate in the Program as the 2019 cohort.
- Innovation & Growth series: we’re launching a new quarterly series in partnership with member company Ascendas-Singbridge aimed at bringing together enterprise, venture capital and startup leaders to facilitate open source dialogue, learning and exchange on critical and practical business growth issues. Our first session – The Innovation Journey: How to Get it Right in the Asian Context – will be held on Friday, Nov 2, 4-6pm at thebridge. For more details or to get involved in these quarterly meet-ups contact Ashley at email@example.com.
- Diversity and inclusion survey: if you have not yet had a chance to provide your input on the AmCham Women D&I survey, please take the 6-minute survey. We’re seeking to better understand the current state of D&I in our member companies and what additional support is needed to assist AmCham member companies’ D&I journey. By the way, we had an incredible AmCham Women Accelerate Symposium last month.
- Bi-annual AmCham Townhall & Open House: there are many ways that you and your company can extract value from your membership with us. But we know that all of our events, programs, committees, publications and advocacy related activities can be overwhelming. So please join us for a townhall and open house on 31 Oct at 5pm to ask your questions and learn more about our offerings. It will be a casual setting with snacks, and drinks in a Happy Hour style. We also encourage you to bring your friends who might be interested in joining the Chamber. I look forward to seeing you there!
- AmCham’s 2018 Corporate Community Day Walk for Rice: join us for “Walk for Rice” supported by Citi on 27 October and in partnership with US Embassy at Bedok Reservoir Park to support low-income families of South East Community Development Council (SE CDC). Show your company’s spirit, put on your corporate t-shirts and Walk for Rice with us as we attempt to surpass the 11,000 bowls of rice we donated last year. I was excited to hear recently that Corning International will be bringing 45 of their team to the walk! Please register as an individual or contact Nathan at firstname.lastname@example.org to register your company to participate. It’s for a great cause!
- Seats are going fast! Future of Work: Multi-generational Workforce with Minister Josephine Teo, Ministry of Manpower: do not miss our biggest HR event of the year on 19 October presented by Santa Fe Relocation. In addition to the Minister, we’ll have two incredible panels of leaders from Minerva Schools, FedEx Express, Mercer, General Electric, Salesforce, Grab, Maximus, Adobe, RedMart, and Yale-NUS College.
- NextGen leadership program nominations for 2019 cohort: we’ll soon be wrapping up our 2018 leadership development program, NextGen, for high-potential millennials nominated by AmCham member companies. We’ll soon be accepting nominations for the 2019 cohort and have a fantastic program lined-up. So please start thinking about the high-potentials in your company for this leadership development program. We’ll be sending out the program brochure and nomination form this month.
- Last Balestier luncheon featuring Finance Minister Heng Swee Keat: tickets will sell out soon as the venue has limited capacity, so if you’re keen to attend please register ASAP to attend our last Balestier event of the year on 2 Nov. To register a corporate table, please contact Nathan at email@example.com.
Did you know that we offer complimentary co-working space to AmCham members at the Chamber? It has been great seeing so many of you using our lounge. We’re looking to properly outfit the lounge to make it into a cosier working environment. So please come by and take advantage of our central location at the heart of Orchard!
All the best,