AmCham Singapore organizes close to 250 events annually!
Our Signature Events include:
International Women’s Day
AmCham’s signature event celebrating International Women’s Day features distinguished male and female business leaders with a focus on diversity and inclusion.
Event Format: Panel discussion & luncheon
Attendees: 200-300 senior business leaders
Annual General Meeting
Held each April, the Annual General Meeting (AGM) brings together the membership to vote for the board of governors and discuss other issues that require a vote of membership. These meetings often feature fantastic keynote speakers and are often talked about throughout the year.
Starting in 2016, AmCham’s Annual General Meeting celebrates member companies’ corporate social responsibility (CSR) excellence through the AmCham CARES program.
Event Format: Luncheon
Attendees: 200-300 C-suite business leaders, board members, co-chairs
Administrative Professionals’ Day
In honor of Administrative Professionals’ Day and to show appreciation of our members’ support throughout the year, AmCham Singapore invites our C-level members’ personal assistants for a high tea and workshop.
Event Format: Workshop
Attendees: 50-80 administrative professionals
Welcome Back is AmCham’s largest annual social networking event. Members and guests reconnect with friends, meet Embassy staff and leaders in the American and local business community. This event is held in a beautiful setting and marks the unofficial beginning of the fall calendar.
Event Format: Cocktail reception
Attendees: 300+ senior business leaders, board members, co-chairs, AmCham friends
Human Capital Conference
AmCham’s annual flagship half-day Human Capital Conference that focuses on the growing challenges of developing talent for tomorrow within the changing human capital landscape across the region.
Event Format: 2 expert panel discussions, 1 keynote over lunch
Attendees: 200-250 senior HR members
The Balestier Series hosts distinguished Singaporean Leaders from key sectors who address AmCham members on subjects of significance.
Event Format: Keynote with Q&A
Attendees: 100-200 Senior business leaders, government officials
Launched in 2014, AmCham’s Balestier Series celebrates two centuries of economic and commercial exchange between Singapore and the United States.
In the Balestier Series, distinguished Singaporeans from key sectors address AmCham members on subjects of significance. The format is flexible, depending on the preferences of the speaker. We recommend a breakfast or lunchtime event to maximize participation. The normal program consists of 20-30 minutes of remarks followed by questions and answers from the floor.
About Joseph Balestier
Joseph Balestier was the first Consul to Singapore for the United States of America, serving between 1837 and 1852. His wife, Maria Revere Balestier, was the daughter of American patriot Paul Revere who was famously celebrated in poem as the midnight rider of the American Revolution. In 1843, Mrs. Balestier presented a bell cast in her father’s foundry to St. Andrew’s Church. One of an estimated 134 bells still in existence that were cast by the Revere foundry and that bear the Revere name, the Revere Bell in Singapore is the only one located outside the United States. A symbol of the close ties between the United States and Singapore, the Bell is the emblem for the Balestier Series.
Balestier Series 2016
January 13 – CJ Menon (Supreme Court) Chief Justice Sundaresh Menon
Chief Justice Sundaresh Menon discussed Singapore’s contributions to bringing the rule of law to business in Asia by creating an environment where commercial rights will be impartially adjudicated and upheld in a manner that comports with business realities and practical sensibilities. He explored these ideas through the lens of the Singapore International Commercial Court (SICC), which was established in January 2015 to provide parties with a prime destination for the resolution of international commercial disputes. Following his remarks, he led a panel discussion with three eminent jurists who sit on the SICC including Justice Carolyn Berger of the United States.
May 18 – Mr Ong Ye Kung, Acting Minister for Education (Higher Education and Skills) & Senior Minister of State, Ministry of Defence
Skills Future is a national movement to provide Singaporeans with the opportunities to develop to their full potential throughout life, regardless of their starting points. The skills, passion and contributions of every individual will drive Singapore’s next phase of development towards an advanced economy and inclusive society. Mr Ong Ye Kung, Acting Minister for Education (Higher Education and Skills), shared some thoughts on the crucial role that businesses must play in employee and skills development in order for Skills Future to become a reality, and participants had the opportunity to engage him in conversation.
June 16 – Mr Gan Kim Yong, Minister for Health
Minister Yong shared his views on the role of the healthcare industry in Singapore over the next five to ten years, the major challenges that lie ahead, and the Ministry’s vision for cooperation between the public and private sectors and within ASEAN.
August 16 – Mr Loh Boon Chye, CEO, Singapore Exchange Limited
Mr Loh shared his views on the economic and financial outlook for Singapore and the region, the emerging interests (sustainability, for example) that the SGX champions, and the evolving role of the SGX in the years ahead.
September 27 – Dr. Janil Puthucheary, Minister of State for Ministry of Communications and Information
Dr Janil Puthucheary graciously spoke on the Singapore-US partnership and opportunities for collaboration in the Digital Economy (including future directions of cyber-security policies).
November 14 – Mr. Lawrence Wong, Minister for National Development and Second Minister for Finance
Minister Wong provided insights on the challenges of providing a world-class infrastructure and a vibrant sustainable living environment for Singapore.
Balestier Series 2017
January 18 – Balestier Series Featuring A*STAR’s Chairman Mr. Lim Chuan Poh
Mr. Lim shared his views on A*STAR’s research, innovation and enterprise efforts for Singapore and the region, the emerging interests that the A*Star champions, and the evolving role of A*Star in the years ahead.
March 22 – Balestier Series Featuring The Honorable Masagos Zulkifli, Minister for the Environment and Water Resources
Minister Masagos shared his views on the challenges of providing a clean and safe environment in Singapore and also environmentally friendly practices internationally. He also discussed the Government’s public-private sector initiatives in these vital areas.
Upcoming Balestier Series Events:
May 31 – Balestier Series Featuring Ms. Jacqueline Poh, Chief Executive, Government Technology Agency of Singapore
June 19 – Balestier Series Featuring Mr. Ho Kwon Ping, Executive Chairman of Banyan Tree Holdings Limited
- The Honorable Gan Kim Yong, Minister of Health
- Loh Boon Chye, CEO Singapore Exchange (SGX)
- The Honorable Yaacob Ibrahim, Minister for Communications and Information, Minister-in-charge of Muslim Affairs and Minister in charge of Cyber Security
- The Honorable Ong Ye Kung, Acting Minister for Education and Senior Minister of State for Defence
- CJ Menon, Chief Justice of Singapore
- Chan Chun Sing, then-Minister for Social and Family Development
- Stephen Lee, President, Singapore National Employers Federation
- Chee Hong Tat, then-Chief Executive, Energy Market Authority
- Kishore Mahbubani, Dean, Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy
- Minister Lim Swee Say, then-Minister in the Office of the Prime Minister and NTUC Secretary-General
- Tan Chuan-Jin, then-Minister for Manpower
- Ravi Menon, Managing Director, Monetary Authority of Singapore
- Ambassador Bilahari Kausikan, Ambassador-at-Large, Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Dr. Beh Swan Gin, Chairman, EDB
- Minister Heng Swee Keat, Minister for Finance
The Leader Series- Global Leader Series-Asian Leader Series
The Leader Series features notable speakers who are experts in their fields from various industries. Our Leader Series feature global and Asian leaders, and women in leadership.
Event Format: Keynote with Q&A
Attendees: 10-100 Senior business leaders
Global Leaders Series – Distinguished speakers with global responsibilities:
Omar Ishrak, Chairman and CEO, Medtronic
Julio A. Portalatin, President and Chief Executive Officer, Mercer
Belen Garijo, Chief Executive Officer, Merck Healthcare
Heather Cox, Chief Technology and Digital Officer, USAA
David Sable, Global Chief Executive Officer, Young & Rubicam (Y&R)
Deborah P. Majoras, Chief Legal Officer and Secretary, Procter & Gamble
Png Cheong Boon, Chief Executive Officer, JTC Corporation
William Lewis, Chief Executive Officer, Dow Jones
Leader Series 2017
February 16 – Ralph Haupter, President, Microsoft Asia
Ralph discussed how Digital Transformation and Artificial Intelligence Will Change Everything!
March 3 – Jonas Prising, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, ManpowerGroup
Jonas discussed how business leaders can be more responsive and responsible in closing the gender gap at board level and helping women succeed in the changing world of work.
- William Lewis, CEO of Dow Jones and Publisher of The Wall Street Journal
- Daniel Alegre, President, Global Partnerships, Google Inc
- Jim Barber, President, UPS International
- Joe Biden, Vice President of the United States (2009-2017)
- Dr. Curtis Carlson, Former President and CEO, SRI International
- Gloria Flach, Corporate Vice President & President, Northrop Grumman Electronic Systems
- Peter Grauer, Chairman, Bloomberg LP
- Michael Hayden, Former Director, CIA and NSA
- Marillyn Hewson, CEO and President, Lockheed Martin
- Bob McDonald, Former Chairman and CEO of P&G and Secretary of Veterans Affairs – designate
- Mike Milken, Chairman, Milken Institute
- Julio A. Portalatin, President and Chief Executive Officer, Mercer
- Penny Pritzker, U.S. Secretary of Commerce
- Brad Rinklin, Senior VP and CMO, Akamai
- John Sculley, Former CEO, Apple and Pepsico
- George Tanasijevich, CEO, Marina Bay Sands
- Abid Butt, Former CEO, Banyan Tree Hotels & Resorts
- Ralph Haupter, President, Asia Pacific, Microsoft
- Piyush Gupta, CEO, DBS Bank
- Carl J Lukach, Chief Financial Officer, Univar
- Rohan Mahadevan, Senior VP, Asia, Paypal
- Marc McAllister, VP and MD – International Markets, Harley-Davidson Motor Company
- Shakir Moin, Vice President & Chief Marketing Officer, Coca-Cola Greater China and Korea
- Philip Ng, CEO，Far East Organization
- Bob Pickard, Prinicipal, Signed Leadership Communication Inc.
- Stephen Roach, Former Chairman, Asia, Morgan Stanley
- Charles Wigley, Chairman, Asia, BBH
If you are interested in speaking at a Global Leader or Asia Leaders Series event, please contact Has Basari at firstname.lastname@example.org.