Congratulations to the 2016 Next Generation participants!
November 15, Next Generation: Wrap-up and 90-Day Action Plans
- Sandhya Karpe, President, Imagine – An Education Design Studio
October 22 (optional): AmCham-U.S. Embassy Corporate Community Day
October 4, Next Generation Seminar: Working across Cultures and Harnessing Diversity
- Jane Horan, CEO, The Horan Group and Author
- Bhavana Chauhan, Senior Associate, Regional Consulting, Mercer
September 14 and November 2, Next Generation Small-group Workshop: Meeting the Media and Public Speaking Challenges
- Andrew Pickup, Senior Director, Corporate Communications, Microsoft
September 20, Next Generation Seminar: Innovation and Disruptive Technologies
- Scott Anthony, Managing Partner, Innosight
- Erick Stephens, Regional Technology Officer, Microsoft
September 6, Next Generation Career Planning from Your Next Promotion to Directorship
- Suzanne Ardagh, Australian Institute of Company Directors
August 22, Next Generation Seminar: Strategic Geopolitical and Economic Forces in Asia
- Adam Schwarz, CEO, Asia Group Advisors
- Deborah Elms, CEO, Asian Trade Centre
- Penny Burtt, Vice President, Government Affairs, Asia Pacific, Visa Worldwide
July 12, Next Generation Workshop: Harnessing Team Dynamics – Put Your Brain Preferences to Work (link to assessment to be provided ahead of time)
- Terence Quek, CEO and Master Associate, Emergenetics International Asia Pacific
June 14, Next Generation Workshop: Developing Leadership Skills to Advance
- Emma Walch, Managing Consultant, Hay Group
- Ray Bigger, Managing Director, Think8
May 31, Next Generation Understanding Yourself and Leadership
- Carolyn Chan, Director for Leadership Solutions, Center for Creative Leadership
- Nitin Goil, Director for Leadership Solutions, Center for Creative Leadership
For the May 31 “Next Gen” session, the Center for Creative Leadership (CCL) led a workshop: “Understanding Yourself and Leadership”. “NextGen” participants were asked to reflect on their core values, their chosen characteristics, and the qualities they were born with and share how that helps define them as leaders. The group also discussed the definition of leadership and how individuals are not born leaders, but instead can learn to lead.
May 17, Next Generation Meet the Boss: Role of the CMO
- Simon Kahn, CMO, Asia Pacific, Google
- Sesha Kanthamraju, Executive Director, Studio Entertainment Marketing and Corporate Communications, The Walt Disney Company
On May 17, “NextGen” participants gathered for another “Meet the Boss” session, this time featuring Chief Marketing Officers, Simon Kahn of Google and Sesha Kanthamraju of The Walt Disney Company. Sesha touched on his personal experiences leading up to his role at The Walt Disney Company and Simon reflected on digital marketing trends at Google and how they vary in different countries.
April 22, Next Generation AmCham Annual General Meeting (optional): Focus on Corporate Citizenship/CSR – Recognition for Excellence Ceremony
- The Honorable Kirk Wagar, U.S. Ambassador to Singapore
- James Andrade, Chairman, AmCham Board of Governors
April 19, Next Generation Meet the Boss: Role of the CEO
- Michael Zink, Head of ASEAN and Citi Country Officer, Singapore, Citi
- Suran Suranjan, President, Asia-Pacific, Procter and Gamble
- Cecilia Ma Zecha, Head of External Relations Southeast Asia, McKinsey & Company (host)
The second “Meet the Boss” session on April 19 featured Michael Zink, Head of ASEAN and Citi Country Officer for Singapore, Citi and Magesvaran (Suran) Suranjan, President Asia Pacific Procter & Gamble. Cecilia Ma Zecha, Head of External Relations Southeast Asia, McKinsey & Company served as conversation leader and moderator. The dynamic and friendly panelists spoke about their roles as CEO and fielded questions from “NextGen” participants on a range of topics from their early careers to their favorite books. Cecilia added insights from her own career and philosophy on personal branding, adding ‘What branding isn’t is a facade’.
March 29, Next Generation Meet the Boss: Role of the CFO
- Jeroen van Erven, Regional Financial Officer for the Asia Pacific, MasterCard
- Bob Harayda, SVP Finance, Marina Bay Sands Singapore
AmCham Singapore’s Next Generation of Business Leadership gathers rising talent from member companies for a year-long series of seminars. The “Meet the Boss” sessions are among the most popular. On March 29, in a lively Meet the Boss session marked by extensive exchange between the panelists and the “NextGen” participants, MasterCard’s Regional Financial Officer Asia Pacific Region Jeroen van Erven and Marina Bay Sands’ Senior Vice President for Finance Bob Harayda described the CFO’s role and provided key insights on how to prepare to become a CFO themselves.
March 8, Next Generation Orientation and DISC Analysis
- Ambassador (ret) Judith Fergin, AmCham Executive Director
- Kyle Hegarty, Executive Vice President, Sandler Training
Congratulations to the 2015 Next Generation participants!
Past Participants Give Next Generation High Marks:
“The AmCham Next Generation Leadership program provides access to senior executives at top MNCs while building a network of intelligent, motivated young professionals across every imaginable industry. There’s no faster way for a rising leader to build a high-value network in Singapore and across Asia Pacific that transcends industries.”
“This program has given me exposure and insights into the different industries and management roles that would have otherwise taken me 10-20 years to have any sort of view of. It is truly a program that not only allows me to have a clearer view of what ‘I could be’ in future, but more importantly, ‘how can I get there.’
“This rare opportunity for me to pick the top brains of different disciplines and industries aided me tremendously in building a successful career and expanding my professional networks.”
“This program is a great opportunity for young leaders to easily engage and reach out to mentors who have the experience of being at the top of their game.”
Find more testimonials here.
Registration for Next Generation of Business Leadership Program
Please email Has Basari at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.